DO YOU HAVE A VISION FOR THE FUTURE; Are you able to lead a champion culture for the Rugby League Community in Northland?
The future for Rugby League in Northland is exciting with a solid foundation in place; the position of Rugby League Northland (RLN) Community Manager has become available, can you deliver?
RLN COMMUNITY MANAGER:
RLN was created in 2010, as one of seven Zones formed as part of the restructure of the domestic game in New Zealand.
Accountable to the Zone Board, the CM will plan, deliver, and implement innovative initiatives that support the overall strategic direction of Rugby League Northland. The CM will also work closely with NZRL and their national strategy.
To provide the level of leadership necessary to be successful in this role, the Community Manager will possess the following attributes:
- An appreciation of the strategic issues facing sport and the potential for Rugby League to add value to the communities the game serves.
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups including core membership, commercial partners and the wider community.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and an organisational culture where accountability to stakeholders is measured by achievement of clearly defined outcomes.
- Sound working knowledge of financial reporting and performance management processes in order to provide competent management of Zone operations.
- Able to maximise revenue generation opportunities via understanding of the sponsorship and/or funding sectors (marketing experience would be an advantage).
- A strong work ethic and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get the job done with limited resources.
This will be a ‘hands on’ role with the primary objective of developing the game within the Zone. Experience and proven performance as a senior manager will be complimented by a management style that reflects RLN’s core values of:
- Tuakiritanga – Identity
- Kotahitanga – Unity
- Rangatiratanga – Leadership
- Manakitanga – Responsibility of hosting, caring, sharing and giving of our best.
Applications close Friday 23rd April 2022