Job Vacancy: RLN General Manager
Do you have a vision for the future; are you able to lead a champion culture for the Rugby League Community in Northland?
The future for Rugby League in Northland is exciting with a solid foundation in place; the position of Rugby League Northland (RLN) General Manager has become available, can you deliver?
RLN has been a success story, since it was created in 2010, as one of seven Zones formed as part of the restructure of the domestic game in New Zealand. RLN has seen significant growth in playing numbers at both club and school competition level. As a result of this growth, RLN has been able to capture the attention of the wider Northland community that has seen an increased professional profile and the growth of RLN as a business.
With a focus on ‘More than just a game,’ RLN is making inroads in the vibrant social sector in Northland. On the back of this RLN have formed positive relationships with local funding agencies. The foundations are strong, are you able to lead the ongoing growth and success for Rugby League in Northland?
Accountable to the Zone Board, the GM will be responsible for facilitating the RLN Game Plan, ‘Te Iwi Kiwi, Working Together to Succeed Together.’ The GM will also be responsible to the NZRL Community Manager for consistent delivery of the National plan ‘The Playbook’.
To provide the level of leadership necessary to be successful in this role, the General Manager will possess the following attributes:
- An appreciation of the strategic issues facing sport and the potential for Rugby League to add value to the communities the game serves.
- The ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with diverse stakeholder groups including core membership, commercial partners and the wider community.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and an organisational culture where accountability to stakeholders is measured by achievement of clearly defined outcomes.
- Sound working knowledge of financial reporting and performance management processes in order to provide competent management of Zone operations.
- Able to maximise revenue generation opportunities via understanding of the sponsorship and/or funding sectors (marketing experience would be an advantage).
- A strong work ethic and willingness to ‘roll your sleeves up’ to get the job done with limited resources.
This will be a ‘hands on’ role with the primary objective of developing the game within the Zone. Experience and proven performance as a senior manager will be complimented by a management style that reflects RLN’s core values of:
- Tuakiritanga – Identity
- Kotahitanga – Unity
- Rangatiratanga – Leadership
- Manakitanga – Responsibility of hosting, caring, sharing and giving of our best.
More than just a game
See the below link for the full job description.
Please forward your application with a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
or alternatively click here to apply via Seek.